covid-19 updates and resources
the college of engineering has created this page to provide our faculty, staff and students with the latest updates and resources on the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic. stay informed by visiting this page regularly.
a message from dean donald leo
"as we approach the last two weeks before the thanksgiving break, i wanted to take time and let you know that i speak for all of our faculty and staff when i say we hope that you are safe and healthy during this very difficult semester."
- a message from dean leo
august 31, 2020
- returning to campus: a message from dean leo
august 3, 2020
- message from dean leo to uga engineering community
march 30, 2020
- message from dean leo to uga engineering students
march 25, 2020
career + corporate engagement
the uga college of engineering will host numerous opportunities for students to connect with careers and our corporate partners in a virtual format this semester.
although things will work differently this semester, we encourage you to get involved with the uga college of engineering's more than two dozen student organizations.
- university health center includes rsvp, caps online/phone availability, as well as mental health tips
- fall 2020 instruction faq
- undergraduate emergency funding
- graduate emergency funding
- undergraduate academic advising appointments
- student resources for distance learning
- tips for learning online
- driftmier study are remote learning spaces (pdf)
- uga campus study areas interactive map
- college of engineering contacts (pdf)
the university doesn't want technology to be a barrier to your academic progress. if you are in need of a laptop and/or a wi-fi hotspot, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a computer and/or hotspot. in the body of the email, simply state your name, 81x, and that you need a computer and/or hotspot. if you are unable to come to athens, a few national companies are offering free or low cost internet including charter spectrum and comcast.
- support from the division of academic enhancement for all students
- writing center appointments
- student care and outreach
for faculty and staff
for immediate needs, please email email@example.com.
- teaching continuity guide
- engineering education transformations institute online learning resources
- tips for transitioning course material to an online format (pdf)
- find the elc rapid guide (pdf)
- for questions on student accomodations, email the disability resource center
- research faq